Forum

Ukupno poruka: 54349 :: Ukupno korisnika: 1391 Online: 18
  Online >
Autor poruke

daddy 01.02.2003 u 18:52:33 profil autora
i u kebab s njim i u kakao
skvadrice, pruza vam se prilika da upitate davea sve sto hocete. zamolit cu ga da vam odgovori. samo dajte to ucinite negdje do utorka i po mogucnosti na engleskom.
goldietrickz 01.02.2003 u 21:44:50 profil autora
Dear Dave,
what do you REALLY think about "Drvece i rijeke"?:)
after you met those guys(and one girl) what is your opinion about people from Balkan?
i dont know much about mixing and producing music,but what i know is that "'Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots' " is one of the best(most sincere,sensible and optimistic) albums made in 2002.how long we have to wait for new one?
thank you for your time.:)
oak 03.02.2003 u 08:06:32 profil autora
Questions for Dave;

1. How you will describe the music of Pipschips&videoclips? Could you make any
comparason with some other band you have been
working or some other artist in general?

2. How difficult is to produce or/and mix the music with a lyrics you can not understand because of languange issue?

3. Do you feel that if our band would make an
album only with instrumental songs (as 4 of songs from this album) that label companies could show some interest? I am not saying that that should be our plan but I am asking that because of curosity.

4. I know that you are very busy. It is necessary to look at your schedule for a minute and to recognize that is hard for you to find any free time. Is there any posibility that you come to Croatia and be our guest?

5. Did your life change a lot after "Deserter Songs"? More work? More money? More industry? How did you feel after receiving such a great reviews and Music Mercury Award?

6. Do you feel member of Lips and Mercury Rev on equal basis? Any diference in your position regarding this two bands? Do you have songwriting credits in MR as well as in FL?

7. Can you quote your favorite work?

8. Is there any question you would like to ask me?

Thanks and above mentioned is not all from me.
simon 03.02.2003 u 10:28:21 profil autora
Hello Dave!

I was just wandering if you could share with us how do the people with whom you're working with on mixing this album (Pips, Chips & Videoclips - Ripper, Jura, Pavle...) strike you as indviduals. In a musical way, of course.
How would you describe their music, what they're doing?
How did the difference between the DEMO and the actual RECORDINGS strike you (though I didn't actually hear the recordings)?
How are Ripper, Jura, Pavle to work with, are they demanding, do they seem open-minded to you and your aspects of music or music in general?

I'm asking these questions from the perspective of someone who has, all his life, been listening to american & british music, and couldn't even imagine that the opposite is possible. So I was especially pleased to read (from Ripper's diary) that you're humming the lyrics for Grandma Lucija (Baka Lucija, right?) every morning.

Thanx for recognising talent,

regards!

goldietrickz 03.02.2003 u 16:58:07 profil autora
Hello Dave,

ive already asked questions i wanted,but one of my friends asked me to ask you some more:
what are your biggest influences?in ante perkovic(guy who came with the dubravko) dnevnik(diary) on www.vip.hr,he said something about album covers he has seen,while browsing through your LPs collection.all those names are pretty unknown and obscure(to the majority of us)...
and one more question(sort of) from my friend david:
can you please name your top 5 all time favourite albums...
sorry for bad grammar :(
Depressed 03.02.2003 u 17:53:12 profil autora
Hi Dave! My question:
I'm trying to record songs of my band at my home. I've never had
experience with mixing...so, what must I consider when I'm mixing all my
tracks...i.e. vocals in my mixes are either too low and don't sound
articulated or when I raise the levels they sound totally detached even if
I put a lot of reverb...
I 've got noone to ask, because nobody really knows this stuff, or when
they know something they tend to give me advices that will turn my band sound like AC/DC, so I feel a bit like an island and I'm learning
everything on my own...
vlado 03.02.2003 u 18:18:42 profil autora
NEŠTO DOCNIJE...
Hello Dave!
What is your favorite games on consolas you own?
Depressed 03.02.2003 u 19:53:09 profil autora
Hi, it's me again:
I was wondering, when you are producing someone’s record, in what amount do you become one of them, in what way (and amount) do your ideas interfere with band's ideas, and how do you resolve possible conflicts between band and yourself (music wise, of course)?
lollipop 03.02.2003 u 20:17:32 profil autora
Hi!! Here is my question for you:
How much do you learn from the bands that you work with (knowing that each one has it’s own personality and atmosphere of creating)? Producing them, how much do you take from one certain band and take it to the other and how does their attitude influence you and your work? Being personally involved with some bands (Mercury rev & Flaming lips, of course), can you set them completely apart, or is it just about your own personality contributing to the both bands in a same way, leaving them space for their own “language” to take over?

I noticed now that these 3 questions are actually variations of one same question, still, I hope to get any kind of answer :)

Thanx for so much good music, I hope you never run out of ideas!
ZeeK 03.02.2003 u 23:25:56 profil autora
Hi!
listen carefully, I shall say this only once J
I presume, that, a lot of bands/artists want to work with you. how do you choose with whom will you work with? And of course, what has motivated you to work with pc&vc?

Drink in peace
goldietrickz 08.02.2003 u 21:16:56 profil autora
vot about ansvers?aaaa?oce li bit odgovora kakvih?ako nece da mi sami napisemo?!:)
sretan povratak kuci pipsi!