Forum

Ukupno poruka: 54349 :: Ukupno korisnika: 1391 Online: 18
  Online >
Autor poruke

zomri 20.08.2004 u 12:15:07 profil autora
evo šta piše [a="http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/040819/340/f0q0f.html&e=l_news_dm"]ovdje:

Jack White's cousin claims The White Stripes may split soon.

Ben Blackwell of Detroit band The Dirtbombs told BBC 6 Music that White is planning to end his partnership with ex-wife Meg and go solo.

He said: "Jack hasn't spoken directly to me about it but the word in Detroit is that The White Stripes are near-done."

"He could certainly live off The White Stripes' legacy for the rest of his life. And that's the best motivator, he can do whatever he wants now and he doesn't have to worry about whether it's safe or commercially viable."

White has won plaudits outside The White Stripes for his production and arrangement work on country star Loretta Lynn's new album "Van Lear Rose".

He also acted alongside his girlfriend Renée Zellweger in the movie "Cold Mountain" and wrote the original song "Never Far Away" for the soundtrack.

The White Stripes headline the main stage at the Carling Weekend festivals in Reading on Saturday August 28 and in Leeds the following day.

--------------------------------------

e sad ne znam dal bi plako il bi skako od radosti ili možda nijedno od toga. ma, ko ih jebe ionako su imali samo dobre spotove i par 'nako stvari.
Hadzo 20.08.2004 u 15:44:32 profil autora
Meni bi bilo žao, jer su Stripesovci uz Jon Spencera i njegove Blues Explosion bili jedni od rijetkih koji su uspjeli spojiti klasične rock rifove s prljavim, elektrificiranim delta bluesom i još od toga napraviti komercijalni bum. Ali, čovjek ima dara, pozlati gotovo sve čega se dotakne. Čak je i Van Lear Rose pristojan album, onda kada nije klasičan country. A kad to kaže netko tko mrzi country onda...
krampus 20.08.2004 u 20:56:04 profil autora
Fala kurcu više. Još samo Rafo i Legende nek se raspadnu i živjela Jugoslavija.
zv 20.08.2004 u 22:00:14 profil autora
to do: svaš
negdi sam cuo da on okolo dijeli plasticne isuse?!? il je to iz neke pjesme?!? whatever.
krampus 22.08.2004 u 13:13:44 profil autora
Imaju Flaming Lips pjesmu "Thank You Jack White (For The
Fiber-Optic Jesus That You Gave Me)", based on a true gripping story.
darko 22.08.2004 u 15:13:47 profil autora
Let me tell ya a story about a very special gift I received from a, from a man that I didn’t know very well. But he brightened up the night and made it one of the great shining moments of our long tour.

Goes like this-

Backstage in Detroit
And the room is full of smoke and apprehension
We'd been playing shows
As the warm-up and the band for Beck Hanson
In walks Jack, says - "How'd ya do?" (Oh yeah)
Then he handed me this wonderful statue.

And I said, "Thank you Jack White
For the fiber-optic Jesus that you gave me."
It shined so bright
That I couldn't help believin' it would save me.
When I finally got it home
My whole neighborhood was aglow

(Here comes the pick)
(Oh Yeah)

Jack and Meg are funny
They got a modern backwards-liberal family code
Brother and sister
Playing rock 'n' roll and doing it on the road
I bet that van begin to stink
But then I wonder - oh - what Christ would think.

I said, "Thank you Jack White
It shined so bright
That I couldn't help believin' it would save me.
And when I finally got it home
My whole neighborhood was aglow
(Nice one)
electro cute 25.08.2004 u 17:49:28 profil autora
jeah! a sad mi zahvali darkeru! ajde! ljubi mi noge!!!!

meni nije žao al mi nije ni drago. zašto? white blood cells je bio odličan album, dok je elephant bio čist pristojan. al opet, jebeš rokenrol.
simon 25.08.2004 u 18:39:01 profil autora
Trebali su bit 'single' bend, a ne snimat svoja dugometrazna sranja. Za pet godina izbacit kolekciju singlova, oprostajna turneja i jebite se svi. Iz cijele te hrpetine jedino Strokesi imaju smisla sa svojim albumima od pola sata. S tim da je glazbeni tisak od predivne anomalije kakva su Strokesi iz supka izvukli citav zanr koji nema veze s mozgom.
electro cute 25.08.2004 u 20:05:48 profil autora
meni su zadnji (drugi!) stroksi čisto sranje. ono, wtf?
Tonci 25.08.2004 u 20:43:31 profil autora
postoje neke stvari u kojima se toliko razilazim s ostatkom svijeta da se osjećam kao poludjeli pustinjak. Strokesi su jedna od tih stvari.

mislim, "Is This It?" mi je sranje - slabašne melodije, ritmički anemično, amaterski, beskrvno, nimalo keči, totalno nezanimljivo.

s druge strane, "Room On Fire" je petsto milijuna bolji - zakon melodije, ritmički masno nabildano, napumpano akcijom i keči rifovima. istina, počinje tak-tak (ne kužim zašto bi ta "Reptilia" trebala biti, ono, toliko dobra) al se negdje oko treće ili četvrte stvari zahukta i do kraja ga samo dere i dere i bombardira non-stop, bez zaustavljanja, ko neki Stars on 45 miks, samo što nije miksano i nije disco nego neki rock, ali unatoč tome je zbog neke bizarne alkemije na djelu totalno fantastično!

naravno, ostatak svijeta (uz, ajde, iznimku moje ljupke djeve) misli upravo suprotno. ej svijete, NEMAŠ POJMA!!!!

(samo da se zna: čak sam i probao dat još koju šansu "Is This It?" nakon što me "Room On Fire" više negoli ugodno iznenadio... ali jok, uz iznimku 2-3 stvari i dalje zvuči isprazno i bezveze, k'o da slušam, štajaznam, Ramirez ili neku sličnu glupost)
Tonci 25.08.2004 u 20:52:24 profil autora
a kad smo već kod Strokesa - Julian je u subotu proslavio 26. rođendan, a groupie koja je bila s njim te večeri pisala je o tome u svom dnevniku:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/whiteladders/

za one kojima se ne da kliktat i čekat da se učita stranica, evo što piše:

Hi. Came back from across the pond today (Tuesday). It was sort of a surreal weekend for different reasons, but ended up just fine. The festivals, they were fucking fantastic. The show the boys put on Saturday included an encore (extremely rare for them), and was one of the best shows I've seen them do..and I've obviously seen many. Monday was Julian's birthday, happy times. I did my best to make it special, and uhh I think I did..that's all I'll say. But yeah, I try not to worry about him (or myself) because I stopped looking at everything from the outside. I'm living in the minute now. I just feel what I want to feel and it's all good.

Here's a low point though, because I never talk about the low points. I woke up hungover Sunday morning with no memory of Saturday night past 11 (what/who I did), and then I came close to screaming and crying because I thought I was in the room alone. It took me a full five minutes or so to realize that Julian was just in the shower and not in another bed somewhere with another girl(s). Took me only about 5 seconds after that to realize I was about to be sick, so I stumbled to the bathroom and managed to get to the toilet and threw up until I was puking bile. Jules standing there in the shower looking down at me and looking dead said "if only I could hide it as well as you do." Then for different reasons I came close to a breakdown and suddenly hated him more than I'd ever hated anything, but he said head up, baby, this shit isn't new to you anymore, you never do anything you don't intend to. So I got over it, as one does, then a smile and a kiss and a fuck and a song and back to normal.

Sunday at the festival I was walking around backstage between sets a few hours before the boys were due to go onstage, and a man came up to me and said, "My bosses and I had a bet going that YOU wouldn't still be around, because they never keep 'em around this long," and he sneered and laughed to himself. I couldn't remember having ever seen this guy in my life. Looked at his badge, and who was he? A fucking NME journalist. I blinked and walked away. Later on, inside my head, I thanked him for the perspective. Oh and I talked to Carl more than a few times while I was away this weekend, he was back home there in London, and I could have gone to see him, but I denied myself that and stayed with my number one, only because (IN THE MOMENT) I'm too stupid to let myself believe I can have something better than I already do:
electro cute 25.08.2004 u 22:48:47 profil autora
almoust famous.
Hadzo 26.08.2004 u 09:31:51 profil autora
Meni baš to i smeta kod drugog albuma Strokesa, što ga dere i dere idere...I pritom mi se sedma pjesma pretopi u osmu pa u devetu a da nisam ni primjetio da se išta promijenilo. Prvi album mi je jači. Draži srcu. Ono europsko izdanje na kome se nalazi New York City Cops, ne okljaštreno američko izdanje.

Ali vot d fak, i ja sam izgleda došao iz nekog drugog vremena: svi su ovdje oh tako moderni, tako tventifrstsenčuri, ponekad se pitam koji ja kurac, pardon penis, tražim ovdje?
electro cute 26.08.2004 u 14:40:05 profil autora
radi pičaka, hadžo.
electro cute 26.08.2004 u 14:40:32 profil autora
bdw, pa ti si upravo priznao kako te vrijeme pregazilo.
zomri 26.08.2004 u 19:08:16 profil autora
nemoj tako kjut. od svih članova foruma koje je pregazilo vrijeme hadžo mi je nekako najdraži. jebiga.
electro cute 27.08.2004 u 00:30:46 profil autora
i meni, i meni!
Hadzo 29.08.2004 u 23:10:57 profil autora
Zar ih ima još osim mene na forumu? A ja mislio da sam eto po nečemu jedinstven...Ha ništa, sad idem kupiti pola kile zlatnine i učiti napamet tekstove Terror Squada, J-Kwona i Twiste. Možda prođem kao moderan...