Forum

Ukupno poruka: 54349 :: Ukupno korisnika: 1391 Online: 18
  Online >
Autor poruke

electro cute 03.08.2004 u 20:56:46 profil autora
a u pizdu materinu! raspadaju se beta bend. ak ne znate kolka je to šteta pogledajte si high fidelity i poslušajte 3.ep's.
koji užas, u kurac i sve!
a baš mi se heroes to zeroes počeo svidjati. evo i teksta s jebenog pičforka.

sell five copies of The 3 EPs by The Beta Band: According to a statement on the Scottish space-pop band's official website, the group has decided to call it quits at the end of 2004. "Eight years of hard work and critical acclaim but little return in terms of commercial success inevitably takes its toll and a group decision was made to finally lay the band to rest," read the band's statement. However, in keeping with the recent trend of bands breaking up all friendly-like, they're planning a farewell tour of the UK for the fall, with dates to be announced soon.

Formed in 1997, The Beta Band garnered consistent critical acclaim from the beginning (no great surprise-- have you fucking heard "Dry the Rain"?) and a formidable fan following. Over the course of three LPs and numerous EPs and singles, The Beta Band cemented their position among British rock's elite as a diverse and original act capable of dabbling in acid jazz, trip-hop, krautrock and straight-up indie. However, despite the critical fawning and more hype in the British press than you can shake a Clinic album at, sales did not reflect Mojo scores and that apparently put a strain on the band.

Things seemed to be looking up in 2004: Heroes to Zeroes, released in May on Astralwerks, debuted at #18 on the UK album chart and brought the band its most significant commercial success to date. So why break up now? In the statement, bassist Richard Greentree described the decision as a culmination of problems, rather than a direct reaction to poor record sales: "The Beta Band apple has over-ripened and become riddled with maggots, it must fall from the tree and let its seeds return to the ground." While the breakup is indeed sad news for rock music, fans of long-winded metaphors shall certainly rejoice.

Those seeds Greentree mentioned will reportedly come in the form of solo projects from himself and vocalist Steve Mason, while DJ John Maclean and drummer Robin Jones plan on splitting their time between film and music-- which makes sense, as both of them had a major hand in creating the band's music videos. Speaking of which, Parlophone is planning to release a DVD with videos, live footage and other odds 'n' sods in 2005. Details at this point are sketchy, but if they fuck it up in any way they'll have an army of angry Brits on their hands, and no one wants that.

Gospodnetić 03.08.2004 u 23:43:56 profil autora
Hadara buraz :-(
zv 23.08.2004 u 14:37:54 profil autora
to do: svaš
e kjut ti bi mogel bit sretan ko sto sam ja sad.
naime, moj dobar unutarnji izvor veli da (iako jos nema konacne potvrde) bi 5.10. u ksetu trebali svirat Album Leaf. yeahhh! nacuo sam jos par imena i datuma, uh....
bas se veselim.
zato kjut! gore glavu - veselo!
zomri 23.08.2004 u 17:43:37 profil autora
yeah. daj pošalji mejl s tim svojim neslužbenim datumima. i kad je audicija u ksetu za disko sekciju?

electro cute

(ne da mi se odlogirat s zomrijevog akaunta)
slowpulse 23.08.2004 u 18:18:34 profil autora
i kad je audicija u ksetu za disko sekciju?

to bi ti trebalo bit negdje u 10 mjesecu. u svakom slučaju, prije brucošijade.
Filip 23.08.2004 u 21:46:26 profil autora
zomri&kjut, mogli biste i po nešto napisati sa festivala!

On je čuvar vremena, jahač mokrih valova...
Kao poštar lakog sna, on u snove dosurfa...
zv 23.08.2004 u 22:41:36 profil autora
to do: svaš
i the czars su nesluzbeno najavljeni.
datumi idu van kad je sluzbeno.
sorkach :(
:))
slowpulse 23.08.2004 u 23:23:15 profil autora
czars? nemoj srat!!!

z.a.k.o.n.
electro cute 25.08.2004 u 17:43:03 profil autora
slowpulse ti si car! šta se za rakijašića ne bi moglo reć (vrboval sam bilandu za naš projekt, a ti sad mrdni guzicom, si čul?)